Planning, managing, and organising a sports event is no straightforward task. Whether it be a Street Basket Tournament or a Skate League, the tips bellow will help you put on a sports event that is fun, efficient, and most of all safe.
1. Prepare a detailed plan
Plan well. To do so, you need to have experts on board. Get a team of reliable volunteers and specialists.
Some of the items you need to address in this stage include:
- The goal of the event
- Type of event (one sport, multisport)
- Coverage of the event (local, regional, national, international)
- Level of competition (amateur, professionals)
- Group Age (four youngsters, four adults, etc.)
- Form of participation (be invitation, be registration)
- Target participants (students, employees, open, etc.)
- Its feasibility
- Laws regulating such events
- Length of time (e.g. one day, a few days, a week, and so on)
- A rough estimate of the budget
- Estimated number of participants
- Identify potential sponsors if you need some
Tip: For inspiration, take a look at this “Sports Events Checklist” from Kent Sports.